After spending a lovely day meeting some fantastic Welsh actors last week with Theatr Clwyd we’re excited to announce our next round of open auditions in collaboration with our friends Revoluton Arts and the Orange Tree Theatre.
Monday 03 April, 1-4pm @ The Hat Factory, Luton LU1 2EY
Wednesday 05 April, 10am-5pm @ Orange Tree Theatre, Richmond TW9 2SA
As usual, we’re looking to meet actors previously unknown to Paines Plough with a passion for new writing. You can apply in pairs for one of the dates from now until 10am on 21 March and then we’ll randomly select 15 duos to see in Luton and 30 duos for Richmond. We hope this means that everyone who wants to apply is able to, and that the selection process is fair to everyone.
In Luton, we’re only looking for actors who are originally from – or currently live – in Luton or wider Bedfordshire. If you’re not from Bedfordshire please do not apply for these open auditions.
Anyone is welcome to apply for the open auditions in Richmond.
Sounds good? This is how to apply…
– Find yourself a partner – we’re auditioning people in pairs.
– Pick your venue – we only want to meet Bedfordshire actors on 03 April so make sure you apply for the Orange Tree date if you’re not from or based in the area.
– Register by filling in this form by 10am on Tuesday 21 March. There’s no need to send in anything else in advance.
– If you are selected to audition, we’ll get in touch with you by Friday 24 March with an audition time – make sure you let us know if you can make it or not.
– If you’re not selected to audition this time, we will keep you on a waiting list and may offer you an audition if a slot becomes available.
– Once everything’s confirmed, please prepare a three-minute duologue from a play written in the last 15 years.
– On the day, all you need is your Spotlight or CV printout and your partner. Break a leg!
Some things to bear in mind:
– If you have auditioned for Paines Plough before, unfortunately we won’t be able to see you this time round.
– To give everyone a fair shot, agent or not, we only accept applications from actors so, if you have an agent, please apply using your own email address.
– Places are all allocated in advance. Due to high demand we normally can’t accommodate requests for a different time, and we will be unable to see people on a walk-up basis.
– If for any reason you can’t make your audition please let us know ASAP by emailing email@example.com. If you don’t turn up to your audition without letting us know in advance, you won’t be able to apply for future Paines Plough Open Auditions.
– We can only accept applications made with this form before the deadline.
– Due to the large volume of people we’ll be seeing, we unfortunately won’t be able to offer feedback.
– We aren’t casting for a particular show at the moment – we just want to meet some new actors so that we can bear you in mind for future productions. So don’t be disheartened if you don’t hear back from us after your audition.
– Check out our FAQs for more information about the application process and what to expect on the day, or ping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re not sure about anything.
– Don’t worry if you don’t live in the area – we try to hold as many Open Auditions as we can throughout the year all around the UK. Join our mailing list or keep an eye on our social media for details of the next ones…
Be the first to see our exclusive Theatre News cast interviews by subscribing to our brand new Youtube channel
as well as our Twitter